4.18.2009

Menomena!...

So, last nights season opening performance by the New Kids on the Block at the SB Bowl left me yearning for something more. Being stuck at the soundboard for the first show of the season wasn't much fun.

After my brief blog about the NKOTB show last night, I went onto local show promoter Club Mercy's website to see what might be happening musically around town. I needed to scratch the itch to shoot near a stage. While on their website, I made the personal discovery of the band Menomena, from Portland, OR who were playing at the Velvet Jones here in town. I checked the clock and it was 11PM, I thought hmmmm... I just might make it in time. I rushed down to the venue and arrived with just a few minutes to spare. As it turns out though, I was late on finding out about these guys, the place was packed with folks.

It was shoulder to shoulder next to the stage, the place was hot as hell, drunk people were stepping on me and bumping me while I was shooting and the music was awesome. It all reminded me that I need to get out and shoot in the clubs more often! Here's a few pics from the show...

To see more of my pics and read reviews of the show go HERE and HERE.

1 comment:

JShea9 said...

glad to see some getting out to take in and shoot the underground scene.....bands.... and venues.......


there nothing like a b&w shot of a show in a small bar.............its true and raw......

keep up the good work........