2.07.2010

Separated At Birth...

Say hello to my latest art purchase. For quite a while, I have wanted to begin collecting artwork that had the theme of "music" in it and this is to be the first. It was created by my friend/artist, Dan Levin, several years ago and was showed at the opening where I was to see his work for the first time. I fell in love with this particular piece, it was the perfect mix of assemblage and one of the most shocking celebrity photos circulating at the time. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to buy.

Last night, while attending another one of his openings, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it hadn't sold in the past and was re-introduced from his archives. With the recent passing of Michael Jackson and my new found opportunity, I didn't let it slip away...

"Separated At Birth" by Dan Levin

No comments: