10.04.2009

So close, yet soooo far away...

It's funny how things work sometimes. Last night I photographed Loggins & Messina at the SB Bowl from the soundboard, my most hated vantage point at the venue. I found myself thinking back to only a few years ago when they came through, in 2005, and how I had "All Access." Mind you, I was hired by Rhino Records to shoot stills, for possible usage as artwork, on the Live CD and DVD that were being recorded that night.

I showed up last night knowing that the Gabe Dixon Band was opening up the show, but I didn't know anything about them. Come to find out, Gabe Dixon is the keyboard player who tours with Loggins & Messina and I had also photographed him before, in 2005, when they last played.

Here's a couple of last nights pics from afar...
Gabe Dixon Band
Loggins & Messina
...and here's a couple from 2005, so close on one, I couldn't even get my shadow out of the picture...
Gabe Dixon
Loggins & Messina

No comments: