10.23.2009

More Happy Endings...

Ok, that's it for real this time. My official shooting season ended tonight with the Monsters of Folk show. Originally scheduled to take place at the Santa Barbara Bowl, tonight's show was moved to the newly remodeled Granada Theater in downtown SB.

And... like my last post of happy endings, another person is moving on. The publicist, Anna Suarez, for Nederlander Concerts (the company that promotes the SB Bowl shows), is climbing up the music industry's corporate ladder. Anna will be moving on to do promotions and marketing for Goldenvoice at Club Nokia in LA. Congratulations Anna, you will be missed! The good news is... she is being replaced by another Anna and, it's one I already know. I met the new Anna at club SOhO here in town, where she was doing the show bookings at one time. Welcome Anna, I look forward to working with you next season!

Speaking of SOhO, I do plan to starting hanging out there more. Now that the season is over at the SB Bowl I will be taking advantage of the fact that one can see live music there 7 nights a week. Muddy Waters Cafe and the Velvet Jones here in SB will also be on my radar as places to see and shoot shows during the winter.

Ok, here's a couple pics from the real final show of the season...

No comments: