9.25.2009

The Last Day Saloon...

In the year 2000 I moved from Santa Barbara to San Francisco. I lived in the Presidio Heights section of the city which wasn't too far from the Inner Richmond District. Being a fan of live music, particularly "Jam Bands," it didn't take me long to find a sweet little venue called, The Last Day Saloon on Clement Street.

I saw quite a few shows there before moving back to SB in 2003. Not too long after my return here, I read that the venue shut down after three decades of being in business. The saying seems true, "All good things must come to an end." I thought I'd share this brief tid bit with you as I was feeling a bit nostalgic this evening after stumbling across a couple of images I made while seeing shows there. I had prepped these files for web some time ago but they never made out of a folder which got buried on my hard drive.

There are many more images I made at shows I saw in my days of hanging out there, but I thought I'd better post these two for fun before I loose them again...

Josh Clark - Tea Leaf Green, 2000
Dana Monteith - Ominous Seapods, 2000
Maybe some day in the not-so-distant future I will pull together a nice post of the best images I made while seeing shows there. The happy ending to this story is... The Last Day Saloon in SF wasn't the only one. There is also a location in Santa Rosa which is still in operation today and offering great live music.

No comments: