1.01.2009

Another one bites the dust...

Well, 2008 is officially history. The past year, as far as music photography goes, was one of the best I've had yet. Besides my usual haunts, The Santa Barbara Bowl and SOhO, I found myself shooting at some legendary venues such as... The Fillmore in SF and The ROXY in LA. I also had the pleasure of shooting the Vans Warp Tour, the Joshua Tree Roots Music Festival and the West Beach Music Festival. This year I photographed some legends, so-called no names, pop stars, people you may have heard of and one of the most talked about tours, Radiohead. Plus... one of the more exciting things I did this year was present my portfolio (in person even - thanks Tom!) to the folks at Rolling Stone Magazine.

I'd like to throw some thank you's out (in case people actually read my blog) to Eric Shiflett and ALL of the other folks at the SB Bowl, Moss Jacobs and Anna Suarez at Nederlander, Gail Hansen and Alan (the soundman) over at SOhO, Barnett English and Curt Mathis at the Joshua Tree Music Festival, Ben Baruch at Wagatail, Jeffrey at Club Mercy, Kayceman at JamBase, The Santa Barbara Independent, Erin Kelly at Rolling Stone, Tom Tomkinson, Paul Wellman, Tim Bramlette, Patty Clarke and most importantly my wife, Amy, who puts up with my shit and supports me 100% in all that I do.

Below is a small sampler platter of images from 2008 that I slapped together for you to check out. They are from some of the more memorable shows, for me, that I photographed. I wish I could publish them all!...

Radiohead - SB Bowl
Stanton Moore - SOhO

Region of Darkness - The ROXY

Peter Case - Joshua Tree "Roots" Music Fest.

Paula Fuga w/ The Culver City Dub Collective - SOhO

Umphrey's McGee - The Fillmore

Little Dragon - SOhO

Liars - SB Bowl

Kenny and Crosby Loggins - Lobero Theatre

Katy Perry - Vans Warp Tour

John Doe - SOhO

Jeffree Star - Vans Warp Tour

Jason Mraz - West Beach Music Fest.

Hillstomp - Joshusa Tree "Roots" Music Fest.

George Clinton - West Beach Music Fest.

Duran Duran - SB Bowl

Assylum Street Spankers - SOhO

311 - SB Bowl
Al Howard and the K23 Orchestra - SOhO

No comments: