12.06.2008

John Doe at SOhO...

Last night I made a, somewhat unexpected, trip down to SOhO to shoot. Actually, I learned of the gig just a few days ago but it wasn't on the venue's calendar until the last minute. Whatever the case, I couldn't pass the opportunity to photograph this caliber of a musician in, what I consider, a small venue.

Upon entering the club, the first people I saw were my friends, Brett Leigh Dicks and his better half, Natalie D-Napoleon. To my surprise, I learned that Natalie was opening up for John Doe, which was good news to me because I hadn't ever had the chance to see her play live. It was a bonus treat in addition to having X legend, John Doe play a set of his more Americana/Folk rock style music to an intimate crowd. Below are a few pics from the evening...




No comments: