10.07.2008

With the bad, comes the good...

Last night I had to walk away from shooting the Santana concert at the SB Bowl due to music industry politics (see previous post). But today I received an email from Barnett, the host of the Joshua Tree Roots Music Festival confirming that I will be shooting his "3rd Annual" event on October 18th & 19th.

This was welcome news. I photographed it last year for JamBase.com and had a blast. (check out the pics here) The music was stellar and all the people who attended were laid back and courteous to one another with no presence of authority that I can remember. I am looking forward to another great shooting experience without the hassle of big-industry antics, photo waivers disguised as bogus contracts and the ever-frustrating... 3 songs rule, to get your shot.

Last year I went alone, but this year my wife, Amy and I are going together, it will be fun to share the experience with her. There's nothin' like sleeping in the back of the truck and living off of bologna with cheese sandwiches!

Click banner below to visit the JTMF website and see the line-up for this year's Roots Festival...